Hi All! (Not that anybody reads this...)
I have been the worst blogger but I can safely say that I will do much better after July 4th. Adam and I are getting married... next weekend(!) and will be traveling to Belize for our honeymoon for the following week. We are really excited to move on with our lives and finally get settled into our house (even though we've been living there since November 2009). We both work full time and go to school for our masters so "decorating the house" hasn't been on the top of our to-do list, needless to say.
Irish is doing fantastic. We moved him from North Raleigh down to Apex where he has one buddy (possibly another coming next week). This has been such a positive change for him. He actually falls asleep in the cross ties these days. I'm not sure what it was about our previous farm, but I'm pretty sure it had something to do with the mares he was out with. He would just go PSYCHO if he didn't get his way (which was to be out with them of course). We have had 2 weeks of solid work and he is slowly developing some confidence. Hopefully after the wedding I'm going to go to Lowes and get some trot poles or something so we can begin learning how to pick ourselves up over things.
Irish may think that he's going to get some time off over the wedding, but NO. The wonderful Cassidy Sitton of C-horse eventing will be taking over while I'm gone. Irish knows she means business whenever she comes around ;)
I hope to take him to a couple schooling shows this fall, but I'm in no way wanting to rush him into anything. He likes to take his time with things and we're still working out a good system for adding some weight on. We taped him about about 940 lbs which SHOCKED me. I personally still think he's way to skinny but we're going in the right directions with all the grass out these days.
Thanks for all your support!!
Dana & <3Irish
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Glad for the update!
ReplyDeleteOh and congrats, I just got married in May
ReplyDelete