Just a quick update for you guys that I am so excited about. Irish was evaluated by the vet today and flexed all sound! He was a tiny bit sore on his right hind but considering all the chiropractic issues that Dr. Means subsequently fixed, that's not a surprise. I was sooo wonderfully surprised by this news. I thought for sure his ankles would be sore from racing. She pretty much scolded me for allowing the previous farrier to leave his heels as long as they are so we will be getting that fixed soon.
I think one of the main issues I've been struggling with is not having my normal "horse connections" that I had back in Michigan. If I could only have my beloved Brian Pelham who shod my horses for 10+ years. I miss him so... Along with Dr. Bonnie who did Artie's chiropractic adjustments every 6 weeks for $45 a visit. Um please?!?!?! Seems like pocket change these days.
Dr. Means and I were laughing that we hope Irish remains this calm once he beefs up. That includes doubling his current grain intake slowly.... Whew!
Until next time!
Dana & <3 Irish
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
So glad to hear Irish is sound! My ex-racer was up to 10 lbs of food a day when I first got him to build weight. Beware they do build muscle and start to get silly with lots of energy. Cross-country was so much fun when Houston decided it was like racing and leaped out of the start box. Best of Luck!
ReplyDelete