So last night I lunged Irish and I realized how much conditioning we need to do to get him back in the swing of things... literally. His left hind stifle is CRAZY stiff so I'm hoping a few visits from Dr. Blades McKnight of Triangle Equine will help us get where we need to be. I was so exhausted after lunging from all the "ttt-ROT" I had to say and tapping him on the butt with the whip to move forward. I was reading some articles this morning about the 'abuse' that race horses take in the starting gates. Heads can be hit into the front of the gate, the back of the gate can hit their rear, etc. etc. I could go on and on.
One thing that I know is that they MUST have drugged this horse to get him to race. He has zero drive to go fast doing anything unless food is in the equation (I guess he follows in the steps of his momma since I only run so I can eat a huge dinner too!).
Happy NCAA tourney time! (this should be a holiday)
Dana & <3 Irish
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment